Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow Day

I can't be certain if it was the ice cubes that were flushed down the toilets or if it was the orange (still) in the freezer, regardless it's a SNOW DAY!

What do you do when you get a snow day from work and school? I wake at the usual 5am then slip back to bed around 7am and sleep till 10am, snuggled in my bed with the heated mattress cover--is winter perfect. Two of the three girls are awake. A princess it seems needs more beauty rest--then the rest of us. I think I will wash my kitchen floor. Maybe do a few loads of laundry. I will make my super bowl party grocery list. By the look of my unplowed neighborhood street getting out of here to go sledding is going to be a bit of a challange. When they do finally "free" us--I have the sleds by the door, and a thermos ready to fill with hot cocoa.

Who doesn't love a snow day?!

*****
3pm Have you ever lived across the street from a neighbor who has a perfectly manicured lawn? The flowers are planted and arranged to resemble the botanical gardens? Or likes to come out with his freaking snow blower while you are out digging your concrete driveway free with a shovel (or two)? I live across the street from that neighbor. I think we all wanted to give him the finger--even though he is a great neighbor-- as he easily blew the eight inches of snow not only from his driveway but down the sidewalk; in both directions. It is like he waits till we have shovel in hand to blow his snow. His silent way of saying my life is easier today than yours. Son of a...Son of a...Son of a gun. I'm being a nice neighbor.