Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Re-enactment

Twenty-one years ago King Ralph purposed on this day. So this past weekend while I was at Union Station (the location of the proposal) I re-enacted the moment for all the kids.

Per the instructions of King Ralph under the glow of the moon, I closed my eyes, tossed a penny over my shoulder into the pond and made a wish. I had to say the wish out loud. My wish was someday we would get married. So when I opened my eyes and there he stood with diamond ring in hand I was flabbergasted. A surprise I did not expect--but did not resist the answer of "yes".

Today was another Valentine surprise--I honestly feel that Valentine's Day is a woman's holiday, so I didn't feel to bad that all I got King Ralph was a Barack Obama card-- I got diamond earrings. I was not expecting to be spoiled in such fashion. I lost one of my diamond earrings; I think down the shower drain several weeks ago, that I have had for 15 years. King Ralph handed them to me in a Victoria Secret bag. I was like, ooooh Victoria Secrets...M being the usual quick wit says, “he tore the free panty card from a magazine". Turned out King Ralph was just rummaging in closets for anything that resembled gift-wrap. To accompany the ear jewels was the sweetest card.

Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart. ~Author Unknown

King Ralph caught my heart!

Then I proceeded to crawl back to the couch with my headache and fatigued body--I work not at a school these days but in an infirmary--and it is catching up to me.

Happy V.D