Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Loss for Title

While King Ralph lays on the couch surrounded by used Kleenex and pill bottles--occasionally we dip him and the things his flu ridden body touches in Lysol...life shows a worse picture.

There is nothing harder for me to absorb than the killing of cops in the neighboring community to the one that employs King Ralph. A community with a picture perfect suburban atmosphere...landscaped schools,museums, boutiques, restaraunts-- a community were "things" like this shouldn't happen. Sadly the world has no boundaries for where crime touches. The word to describe tonight is "disbelief".

Then I think could this be our family? It very well could be. We hope not. Never. It is days like this, sadly, that remind me why I always have dirty laundry piled up. Dirty white undershirts that smell a scent of Sgt. Sausage Fingers. Because I never know if the day may come when I won't be able to smell the skin but, instead bury my face into the white T-shirt to take in a scent I love so dearly. As a wife/mom I sit here in sadness for the families that answered the doors to the knock no police officer's family wants to open up for. Tonight is a night when God's love is certainly in high demand.