Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jodi Jots

Since we are having a snow day, or an ice pellet day, I have plenty of time (between loads of laundry) to list some recent observations/thoughts. So here I go with another one of those who-really-gives-a-crap lists.

1. When I was a stay-at-home mom the heels of my feet where like sand paper from walking around barefoot. Now that I work and make use of all my cute unsensible shoes the balls of my feet feel like the padding on a dog's paw and my heels are soft.

2. My laundry room looks like a bomb went off in there. If you are the kind of person who fears death I couldn't let you step foot in.

3. The people in my house either think things put themselves away, I will pick up after them or they really just don't care about living amongst there clutter.

4. No one in my neighborhood is brave enough to tackle the ice pelleted streets...except King Ralph.

5. Why some teenagers think it a good use of cyber space to air there negative feelings on-line with the use of flowered words?

6. A day off without pay is a good day to rekindle a love for Heathcliff. I am going to watch Wuthering Heights between loads of laundry.

7. Why do I wash more clothes than 5 people can actually dirty in a seven day time span?

**breaking to heed to the buzz of the dryer**

8. When it comes to Project Runway's season finale-- patience is not my virtue. I love Rami!

9. I don't think I should keep King's Ralph gift of the replacement diamond earrings. (I love them, I just don't feel the spending of moneys for spoiled luxuries at this moment in life.)

10. I think my girls are gorgeous. Considering the amount of beauty sleep they are taking in on this snow day they will be, may even surpass, Vogue cover quality by the time they finally wake.

11. I am running out of liquid laundry soap so I may have to find a different chore to occupy me on this snow day.

12. My PJ's have now molded themselves to my body signaling the necessity to remain in them all day. That is good living!