Monday, February 18, 2008

Hail to the Chiefs of Past

President's Day. A national holiday that I, today, came to appreciate more than ever before. A day off work. I needed this long weekend.

Saturday I spend the day sleeping. The whole day sleeping. While everyone I come in contact with seems to have some form of the flu which accompanies a fever...I have escaped the fever part but the head congestion and unexplainable fatigue did not pass me by. So, after my nearly 24-hour nap I feel like a peach again. My body just was screaming to shut down. I obliged.

Sunday I spent the day taxiing Maddi from study group to baby-sitting to the WWE No Way Out (I still don't get the whole love for wrestling) party. For [my] $10 share of the pay-per-view premier-- I got a play-by-play recap of each match on the car ride home. I personally prefer the female wrestlers...they are like legalized prostitution without the intercourse, dressed all in there hot sexy little latex numbers tossing each other around. Then again maybe they are actresses not yet good enough for the soap opera arena. I also had four seventh grade girls slumbering in the basement. They were as loud as a Friday night in a crowded bar. Four girls so loud for two hours and then, suddenly, silence. Oh to be a giddy teenage girl all over again.

Then there is today. Hail to the chiefs of past--especially George and Abe who we honor most on this day of no banking or mail delivery. I plan to remain in pajamas for as long as I can. Maybe do a little laundry. Read. Then catch up on my TV--Scott Baio 46 and Pregnant and My Fair Brady...Maybe Baby. Reality TV at its best. (hear me laughing) So in honor of presidents past I thank you for the day off from life.