Thursday, January 31, 2008

Steakburger, Fries with a Side of Snow Day

I was in the office doing what you do in an office when our only office wise guy walks in says to me "get a new job at Steak-n-Shake." Ha-ha. I was simply wearing black low ride wide leg trousers and a white puffy three-quarter length sleeve button up shirt--for that I get a comment that I look like a Steak-n-Shake employee. All this coming from a guy who has been wearing the same shirt for four years. Then my little brother walks in the office and says "sister you working at Steak-n-Shake now"...turns out he is now a causality of being employed in the same building. Then I walk out in the hall when another male co-worker arrives and he looks at me and says, "I'll take a steakburger and a side of fries". These guys think they are funny. Later in the day I was in the cafeteria doing my lunch duty, three guys from the shop poke there heads out and holler "we would like steakburgers and strawberry shakes". I could smell brother written all over that one! I swear I am going to wear that same outfit to work in a few weeks but accessorize it with a genuine Steak-n-Shake hat. If I didn't start work before Steak-n-Shake opened I would stop and buy the sassy boys all shakes.

The snow has been falling nearly all day. You forget quickly how exciting snow falling during a school day is till you start working in an elementary school--I was pleasantly refreshed. I also learned a few new tricks to guarantee a snow day tomorrow. So excuse me while I end here to put on my PJ's inside out and backwards, put an orange in the freezer, place a spoon under my pillow and lastly, flush an ice cube down the toilet at 6pm. Don't ask me what all this silliness symbolizes or the meanings behind it all...just know I going with it! Feel free to join me.

Princess A just burst in the kitchen, opened the freezer, grabbed an ice cube (all in haste) and said "quick it is six o'clock I need to flush a cube." Then D follows suit, grabs a cube and runs to her bathroom. I can hear toilets flushing with ice cubes clanking as they spiral down the drains.

Come on snow day!

No comments: