Monday, February 04, 2008

Army Insects, Sensible Shoes & Politics

Way to go G-I-ants! We had a full house last night...and full stomachs. No New England fans allowed. Before we all respectfully--with patriotism and honor to our country—rose, removed hats and sang the national anthem Optic Man called his bookie and we all placed bets. I never knew Optic Man had a bookie but lucky for us he was giving a 12-point spread which made us feel more at ease to cough up $50 that turned into a $100. For the half time show we demonstrated our love of the half time show by lowering the lights, opening our cell phones and singing along with Tom Petty--"Free Falling." (I am going to resurrect my Tom Petty CD).

Dave the night custodian refers to my brown leather alligator skin like boots as my dominatrix boots. I disagree. They are instead totally fashionable. The fashioneesta daughters after all approved them--it can't be better than that for a mom. Today however I might have to question there work style wear. I was doing my lunch duty, wiping a table after the kindergarten class was dismissed...I slipped on a red grape...I went down. Feet up in the air, slamming butt down on the tiled floor. My ego remains in tact since the only one keen enough to pay a bit of attention to me was my little brother. Which he did not refrain from laughing and commenting on the poor choice in footwear. Sensible shoes? I say bologna. Women have bled more for fashion than by wearing my fashionable, stylish, I-love-m boots. It was totally the fault of the red grape...maybe I will go as far as to say the kid who brought the red grapes in the lunch box.

I just answered the phone...it was an automated political campaign announcement...help me understand here how John McCain being a "millionaire" has anything to do with his stance on abortion rights or Huckabee's need to tell me this during one of his campaign blitz? It is nice to know that Huckabee has always been true to his Pro-Life belief but his automated message that has to throw in that McCain is a millionaire has NOTHING to do with Pro-Life or Pro-Choice. Aaaaaahhhhh! Please don't waste my time with hidden mudslinging.

If you'll excuse me it's time for dinner. Super-Bowl-the-Giants-won-leftovers.

No comments: