Thursday, May 01, 2008

Music of the Heart

There is nothing like starting your morning with two thirteen year old girls in the back seat, on the way to middle school, signing Taylor Swifts songs and not caring when mom joins in the chorus-- because I know the words. My heart sparkled with the sense of youthfulness--good start to the morning.

This evening I attended my last high school Symphonic band concert. Princess A played some fabulous pieces, pieces that made me feel like a child again--Star Wars Trilogy. Unlike some of the other moms in the audience I didn't cry. Not that I am not a crier, cause I can be. I just don't feel sad about chapters in the kids lives ending instead, I chose to see it as something new and exciting is awaiting them all.

Two weeks till high school graduation...where the song choice will be Pomp and Circumstance.