Monday, May 05, 2008

Kitchen Hostage

It's not that I don't want to recap my weekend of prep cooking on Saturday till 11pm, or how I was at church for 11.5 hours (9.5 of them spent in the kitchen) or all the fun we had in that church kitchen yesterday, laughing, drinking the left over wine--used to make the chicken sauce-- from paper cups, laughing more, or even how my clothes were soaked to my underwear from washing dishes from a meal served to thirty-six eighth grade confirmation students/families.

It's, just, I am so tired and the idea that I have to leave the house for work this morning is just...well not on my list of top things I desire to do today.

Next year's seventh grade confirmation class has it way to easy; there is just D and another student. So we planned our meal while being held hostage in the kitchen--the best steaks money can buy and a three piece band for entertainment. Oh and we want cloth napkins. Plus, wine in crystal goblets.

Did I mention I am still exahusted? I'm exhausted. I need to pep up soon it is a holiday after all...

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: