Friday, May 23, 2008

Class of 2008

Before I start can I just say I am so blessed tired. Being a Project Graduation volunteer (I worked the inflatable Twister game for so long I am still calling out right foot blue, left hand red) then going to work a short time later--well I was more a body at work than a mind. Sunglasses were my inside accessory--dim the lights, hide the bags.

Of course before any movement in the direction of a venue every life significant milestone requires a photo in cap and gown for mom


one for the graduate with good friends in cute dresses


There is something about a last name starting with the letter "A", graduation becomes all about the "pre-show"--beautiful music, good speeches...because 10 graduates later the pomp and circumstance ends. At least this how we see it while we are sitting through b, c, d, e, f...all the way to z-two and a half hours later standing to let blood flow once again to our buttock region .

I have to say I have never heard a young person deliver a speech with such audience attention as Nick Dyen. I absolutely loved how he ended his speech; with spoken chorus of Vitamin C's graduation song. It was this ending that just had everyone roar in laughter, for this generation it was so dead on and truth you just didn't expect: As we go on, we remember all the times we had together and as our lives change, from whatever we will still be, friends forever...on Facebook. Suddenly the 508 classmates cheered and roared with acknowledgement of that truth.

And, of course every life significant moment requires an after ceremony picture with the family--the parents who have sacrificed, the siblings you have battled, above all...

the ones who truly love you and are proud of you!


I feel like my life has come full circle--Princess A graduated, we share an alma mater.


Sunday starts the onslaught of graduation parties.

No comments: