Friday, May 09, 2008

Connecting by Text

My usual morning routine this week is to grab my cell and text my sister to check on her progress. Here's our text script.

Me: Morning how u feel'n

Sister: Doc came in an sed if i cud do cartwheel straight into splits in hallway by 2moro i will get 2 go home!!!

Me: Is that w/ or w/o O2

Sister: off oxygen

Me: Guess u r stay'n in hospital lol


Then while I am at work she begins her usual I-am-tired-of-lying-in-this-hospital-bed text of pictures--which are waiting for my viewing pleasure when my work day is over. Yesterday I got a picture of her head with her O2 tubes and a caption that read "all dressed up and no where to go!!" Followed by a picture of her stomach, a HUGE bruise and a caption: "one of my many bruises from my twice daily heperin shots!" Let me just say it ain't so pretty. Today's picture was of sister in her hospital gown, bed and a big dog, captioned: "a cute dog came and visited me in the hospital! Made me happy!"

I have to say the picture of my sister and a therapy dog is progress alone. Monday I was receiving pictures of a jug of green frothy fluid drained from her collapsing lung.

The evening came and the texting began again.

Me: Do u get released 2morrow

Sister: Thats what the plan is but Roy wants to talk to pulmonary doc first bout all the dust n wood cuttin in basement. He thinks that cud aggravate any progress. I suppose to jus do same thing at home jus lay in bed as much as possible im ready for change of scenery!"

Me: I bet u r! but the service may not b as good.

The doctor said to her to expect to be sick for nearly five weeks. I'm crossing my fingers she'll be travel ready by June 7 when we celebrate Princess A's graduation with a party.

Sister, here's to a speedy recovery!

No comments: