Thursday, February 01, 2007

Admission:

I was so tempted to purchase the "novelty amusement" from the women's restroom vending machine; just because I have never dared myself to do it--no kids on the short lived road trip felt like granted permission to be naughty. But dam, I left my purse in the car. So there I was without the required seventy-five cents to make the daring purchase. So here I am left wondering what the "amusement/joke" would have been.

I admitted to the spouse I was tempted and he laughed-- told his story of how at age 13 he and his buddies would bicycle up to the gas station daring one another to purchase the "sexy surprise" from the men's restroom vending machine. One day he got brave and took the dare--for his quarter he got a miniature photo of a naked lady(magnifying glass required for viewing).


A comment that sums up my almost 20 year marriage:

J: kids did you hear what Dad said? He said the vinyl windows [on the pop-up camper] are made of vinyl. Wow!

Kids: roar in laughter at their father's high level of intelligence

Spouse: rolling eyes You know your whole purpose of existence is to annoy the shit out of me!

J: I suppose it is-- love you honey!!