Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My letters of apology...

Dear Daughters,
Mutti is sorry she didn't watch the news before your alarms went off this morning. Sorry some ate cereal and washed faces at 6am in preparation for an exciting day of reading, writing and arithmetic. But, think of all the fun we will have together-- huddled in the house as we anticipate the arrival of ice and snow.

Dear Dani-
I am so sorry that Demi wore her PJ's inside out last night to bring on a snow day. I know how excited you were for your first (pre-school) Valentine Party, she jinxed you. Tell your sisters I am sorry I didn't call your mama at 6am to tell her school was canceled--that she dressed them and sent them to the bus stop at 8am, when they could have slept in like all the rest of the elementary school kids.

I heard Demi make a phone call...

"Erin can you walk over here to hang out with me my mom has us watching The View and I can not take much more of watching Rosie O'Donnell make her crafts" Oh Demi Rosie's crafts were fine, it was Anita Baker's arm movements during her song that was hard to watch. The woman looked like she drowning and try to swim to the surface.

If you all are wondering how this snow day came to be, this is how it happened...Sunday night at church the high school youth met for there monthly meeting. At the end of the evening they took prayer requests for the closing-- top of the list was a request for a snow day. As the prayer was being spoken another mother and I snickered, really kids asking God to give them a resp it from school by way of snow accumulationvia prayer. I believe it went down like this...God took the rest of Sunday and all day Monday to think it over, figured more pressing things were at hand for Monday but answered there slightly pathetic prayer on Tuesday.

Well, regardless of how we got this snow day I say, YIPPEE!