Thursday, August 24, 2006

Maddi is a hoot!

This morning she left for school loaded down like a pack mule--backpack, binder, clarinet, and a purse. I watched for a while, her walking to the corner bus stop. I was afraid she would tip over; weebles wooble but they don't fall down sprung to my mind as I studied her every step.

Tell me what in the heck, being in eighth grade, she needs to carry a purse the size of carry on luggage. I affectionately refer to the "xoxo" bag as "her bag of tricks". You need hair product she's got it. You need a snack she's got it. You have dry skin scented lotion is on it way. She even has a McDonald's Polly Pocket Happy Meal toy, it has become the purse mascot and "all my friends love her". Well I bet they love her but is there a need to strain your spine?

Girls! Will I ever figure mine completely out?

No comments: