Saturday, August 05, 2006

I survived!

Shopping with five girls aged 11-16 calls for a celebration--a martini!

The stress that can build while clothes and shoes are flying past your face, your name being called from 5 different directions while beckoning for a cell to use the calculator tool to figure out discounts and the remaining balance of the shopping allowance is enough send any stable mother to drinking. Maybe even straight to the nut house for a prolonged stay. Actually, any sensible woman would have jumped ship on this adventure long before she even turned the key on the mini van and backed out of the garage.

I did however do something I rarely do for myself, I purchased a pair of shoes for just me. No one can ask to borrow my beautiful sporty white leather Reeboks because my feet finally are the smallest in the family. It is such a sweet sensation knowing my shoes are finally going to be right where I left them. Now I must admit I hate to shop. I may be the only women in the history of the world to say that but it is true, I HATE SHOPPING. So finding these delicious little morsals of a shoe at Macy's sent me into complete and utter euphoria. Imagine... $64 shoes for a mere $16.24 and tax free to boot. It may even be enough to jump start me back into my former exercise regiment and into my size 6 pants.

As I sit here letting my new sporty Reeboks comform to my feet I think the stress of shopping with more girls than the legal limit allows is releasing from my body. I think I will go celebrate my purchase with an afternoon martini...because you know it is five o'clock somewhere.

1 comment:

Jaime Riva-Palacio H. said...

Shopping... Me too, I hate shopping...