Saturday, March 17, 2007

Top Of The Day To You

I have been informed, by my grandmother, that we are to wear ORANGE not green for St. Patty's Day...you see we are of northern Irish heritage, and northern Irish wear orange...so orange it is for Princess A. I however heard on CNN that we should all be wearing white on St. Patty's Day, why I can't remember ( I was having one of those half asleep Saturday mornings on the couch)...so white it is for me.

In a strange turn of weather--snow--we chose to skip the downtown parade. Instead we are in the warmth of our house feasting on cocktail reubens, shamrock sugar cookies and Bailey's. If we get drunk enough we may allow the kids to dye the puppy's hair green...although the odds of us getting drunk is pretty slim.

******

My grandma was funny today when we talked on the phone...she told me Princess A was very pretty, that all my girls were pretty, especially in there Christmas card photo. I thanked her for the compliment (to which I always sum up to recessive genes). I said "grandma you would say that even if they weren't pretty" and she says "oh no I wouldn't"...to which I ask "what would you say" and she replies (while she laughs) "I wouldn't say anything at all".

*****

I should have gone out today I am having a fantastic hair day. I think I am at the grow out point were the hair looks good for about two weeks before it returns to that "are you sure you don't want a hair cut" look.

Now the hubby and I will play Scrabble. Isn't that what you should do after an entire afternoon of AMC's westerns marathon?