Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pure Exhaustion

Princess A: Mom are you tired of rubbing me?

J: No Baby Girl if I would be tired of rubbing you and taking care of my babies when one is sick I wouldn't have become a mom.

...And so Princess A continues to lay in the land of Precocet --per doctors orders-- on the couch for yet another day...and I continue to honor her (in recovery and pure exhaustion) by taking fetal position on the love seat, getting minimal sleep-- hour here, hour there armed with Percocet, eye drops and ointment.

The only difference between Princess A and a naked mole rat is...Princess A has clothes on, but both tunnel through there homes with closed eyes in total darkness.

All the while I softly sing to her I am 16 going on 17...if she isn't upright with her surgically repaired eye by Saturday, her 17th birthday, I will go down in history as the meanest mom for having her "repaired" this week.

Two kids with surgically repaired eyes in 8 months is a test from God of my mothering, nursing, back rubbing, chicken noodle soup serving, medicating on the clock skills.

I just might be passing this test with an A-.