Friday, March 30, 2007

God is Good

Despite the week's happening all I have to do is walk outside (sneeze) and be thankful...for the streets are lined with blooming pear and dogwood trees, the grass is green (begging to be mowed), Uli sleeps in puddles of warm spring sunshine, my neighbors giving there usual credence to the turning of season by sitting on there front porch in Adirondack chairs sipping Manhattans, neighborhood kids ride (there once hibernating bicycles) up and down the streets...

Despite the week's happening when I am inside I realize I am thankful ...for M's quick witted comments that make me giggle, singing Meatloaf songs with my girls, eating M's culinary creations, watching D break a sweat while practicing her new DDR Xbox game moves, for my chocolate box jigsaw puzzle (we all know I was insane to think I could put that together before spring breaks end) and mostly for Princess A's friends visiting beckoning her smile-- through her pain and discomfort, even with the set back, was screaming in her soul to be freed...

So I say God is good.