Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sometimes You Just Have to...Brag

Today D and three of her friends performed a quartet at Solo/Ensemble Festival. They sang Shenandoah arranged by Jay Althouse. So if you don't mind I am going to brag--because that's what moms do [best].

First the girls took there appearance very seriously as last Friday I spent the evening at the mall while we purchased color coordinated dresses--of black, white with a splash of pink. There must have been something to looking good since it transcended into the beautiful harmonic tone that sprung from the vocal cords. They were absolute song birds. The tones just flowed effortlessly together, as if they were born to sing the song.

After we all left the performance room the judge approached there music teacher and asked her if the girls were eighth graders. They are all seventh graders. She told the music teacher she hasn't heard a group of girls who sounded so mature in tone at that age as they did. When the score sheet was posted (this festival was judicated) the girls received straight ones. Actually the judge wrote a one at the top of the sheet and then drug her pen down the sheet indicating one all the way down the score sheet. The music teacher said she has never seen that before. The judge even commented on there appearance.

So there you have it, my brag and I think I have every right since my baby and her buds were so awesome.

You kow what? The song is contagious. I can't stop singing--Oh Shenaddoah I long to hear you___Away_________you rolling river..........

No comments: