Sunday, April 13, 2008

not the kind you use for roofing

We all went to church this morning as a family, a rare thing with King Ralph's weekend work requirements. We were excited to be there together since Princess A was playing her flute-- she was accompanying two music pieces,one with the piano and one with the bell choir.

Our excitement faded quickly as the quarter size rash M had on her belly on Friday over took her torso...she complained it hurt to the touch and she had a shooting pain that came and went up one of her arms. I looked at King Ralph and said you don't think...he was like I think. So then we debated using the doctor's Sunday hours. So we broke down and used the Sunday hours.

Our family of five in a church pew turned to three.

Guess what? Our think was right on...my girly has the shingles.

There is something not quite right about being fifteen and having shingles. We are told the cause is a combo of her Florida sunburn and stress.

There is one thing I am pretty good at and that is being Florence Nightingale--so I will nurse her but, not touch...cause touching hurts.

I frown for her.

However, M has found one silver lining in this freak illness...she was told to refrain from wearing her back brace. I think I just might see her doing a few cartwheels over that prescription.