Friday, April 18, 2008

4.5, The After Shock

I was in the staff lounge copying a book (which takes a good while to spit out so I spent the waiting time walking around the table that hosted the snacks, namely the glazed donut holes) when a fellow co-worker walks in and excitely says did you feel it? I did not. It seems we had an after shock that registered 4.5. I must have been chewing those 10, 15 donut holes with my own rumbling fever.

Okay so yesterday we had an earthquake drill. The entire school should know exactly how to react when the earth rumbles-so you'd think. Instead of finding humans of all sizes huddling under there desks...everyone sat exactly as they were, doing exactly what they were; which was MAP testing.

I find that doubly humorous...what good is learning the earthquake technique if when you feel the earth shake you do nothing? Is the procedure for aftershock different from the technique for the original shock?

You know what I say one does when they aren't sure...they sing! An appropriate song.

No comments: