Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Hump Day Entry

Fear not I am still around. It's only been a week. I was thinking where have I been that I have neglected my blog. Here are some of the reasons I came up with:

A. Recovering from last Friday's finale performance of South Pacific...what will probably go down in [my] history as the most painful middle school experience. Then again my friend's husband told me at intermission it was suggested to him by another dad to drink before attending. Or was it my brother's comment "that is three hours of my life I will never get back" that affirmed the pain that only I thought I was feeling. All kidding aside the kids did a nice job with a not-so-great musical choice.

B. Drowning in laundry. I have begun to think there is something positive in being a nudist--little laundry, fewer laods. (I'm not sure the family will go for the idea)

C. Cleaning up after last Saturday's game night. We feasted. We toasted. We gamed. Fun-fun-fun. However, we will have to draw straws from now on for who gets "Optic Man" on their team. A man with a magnifying glass to read the Catch Phrase clues slows the whole process of winning down.


D. Maybe I should just go with the fact that it is pretty darn cold this week...that it is easier to toss on my flannel PJ's, turn on the fire place, and snuggle under a comforter, while watching mindless reality shows like; Scott Baio 46 and Pregnant & My Fair Brady...Maybe Baby?, than to write.

I think I will go with, the answer is D.