Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hump Day (I'm talking middle of the week, you sick minds)

I am having one of those days when I would like to have diarrhea mouth by letting what is eating at my craw just spew out...but I know that really serves no purpose.

Instead I called from the driveway, as I arrived home early from work, to summons D outside with that Project Graduation Ice Cream Day fundraiser flyer. In this case, not chocolate but, ice cream from Baskin Robbins calms the spirit--while donating to a good cause.

Then I came home and tossed pot roast on the stove. I can smell the fresh thyme and rosemary infusing the beef. Comfort food. Today is a day for comfort foods.

Then I finished making college visit reservations so the Princess can make her final higher education choice. I vote for the college that has offered the most scholarship monies. Of course she votes for the one that would have us selling the family home and cars...having us live in a mobile home (single wide not double) and riding the bi-state bus.

Last night had a moment when I regretted whacking all my hair off. Thankfully this morning I woke up realizing my Katie Holmes inspired hair was really good. Now I have to refute the teacher who commented to me today, "your hair is so cute you are like a super model". SUPER MODEL? I think not! Not only would I need to grow another 7 inches to even be allowed to stare at the cat walk but the crater wrinkle between my brow that is screaming for a collegian injection would toss me from the cover of AARP so fast...well you know what I mean.

Tonight I am going to get my watch fixed so I can sit around watching the time till the snow begins to fall. I am also going to get a new cell phone. You have no idea how long I have been marking the calendar days till I can dispose of this miserable pink-razor-I-never-work-phone. I just might, in celebration, place the devil under my car tire and run over it.

That my friends is my Wednesday in a nut shell.