Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not Hip? Who Says?

Last night King Ralph, M and I went to the RV Show at the America's Center. Since some fool who lacked in judgement decided he wanted to cross the highway on foot (at rush hour), which resulted in death, the highway was shut down--detour route necessary.

Our detour took us down Washington Ave., St. Louis's loft district-- the area King Ralph and I dream to one day live. We already shook on it that if two of the three girls move out of state we promised each other to sell the house and live in a loft. So as we drove through the loft district, which was brimming with Friday night life, M says "this area is really hip". I said to her "this is were Mom and Dad want to live one day. How would feel about your older parents strolling down the streets mixed in with all these younger people?" Then M with her usual wit says "well you better get your hip replacements early"

Just when I thought my freshly chopped hair ala Victoria Beckham/Katie Holmes added a hip edge to me, my own flesh and blood slams me to the ground. Teenagers.