Saturday, June 30, 2007

Shower, No Shoes

Since Wednesday my showers seem to be getting better and better. It just may be that with each shower I have taken since Wednesday [night], it becomes more and more pleasurable to shower minus my Old Navy brown flip-flops. While the fear of some foot fungus that would require me to take doses and doses of Lamisil or have planters warts singed from bottoms of my feet are now eluding me; I am in a state of rhapsody. I wiggled my toes in the collecting water in the shower basin before it swirls down the drain--just because I can. I try to moon walk on the basin tiles, of course with little success or similarity to the move--I do it because I can, with no shoes.

I am sitting here typing away with my bath sheet wrapped tightly around me, feet dancing to the softly playing music I have going--just because I can. The idea that I must leave the house in 30 minutes, that I have to dress and end this moment of post-camping ecstasy is, well, kind of a bummer. Not that I'm looking to be a near nudist or anything close to it...but, showering in campground bathrooms for three weeks leaves little room to linger after a bathe.

I suppose I should go lather myself in melon lotion, dress and continue on with the Saturday chores.

Life is good with no shoes in the shower!