Thursday, June 07, 2007

Nomads to Trail Blazers to Storm Watchers

Wednesday. We set out to daypack Badlands National Park. King Ralph favored a nomadic style of hiking to start with and so, we set out across the rocky terrain and prairies.
Crossed land like five pioneers till we caught the Castle Trail.

Then we picked up on the Medicine Loop to finish 11 miles of a day hike. Oh something I learned on the hike...I am still allergic to grass, even prairie grass...I got hives wickedly on both outer calves...thankfully King Ralph brought some Preparation H with him (yes the butt hole cream has many magical powers). It so soothed my legs I could not refrain from saying out loud "this is what a butt hole feels like when it gets an application, it feel good"

Then we did Notch Trail. This experience made me breathe hard and take hold of my fear of heights with out security boundaries; for when you got to the top you were at cliff edge.


we ended the night with a terrible storm, complete with tornado warnings. Folks in grond tents sought shelter in the laundry room. I made use of the storm and did laundry...yes even on the road chores can not elude me.