Tuesday, June 05, 2007

From the Road

I am sitting here with my eyes affixed to the Lewis and Clark Lake, which grace me even from the camper's end window. The light cool breeze, the sweetness of the bird songs and my still sleeping family make the ease into this Iowa morning rather peaceful.

Yesterday's highway highlights were... the trucker with the mid-rif shirt, so wrong on many levels (not to mention a horrifying sight) that I will refrain from posting the picture Princess A snapped for a keepsake...or the homemade camper-- a pop-up camper base build with plywood walls, painted white with a black spray paint announce "goen fishing"; fear was an emotion we possessed as we passed the wobbling wood, wondering who would scrap his remains from road when he toppled over...there was the sour cream chives french fries at the local hole in the wall, and the broasted chicken was tasty too.


Shortly I will awake my family and will hit highway once again-- for the Badlands.