Friday, June 01, 2007

Road Trip Preperations

The transfer has begun. Transferring everything in the house into the camper; we leave on Monday morning--excitement and panic all mixed together.

Yesterday King Ralph and I went to Uncle Sam's, this hideous military/camp store, to get some clips to add to our backpacks. The store definitely could use a woman's touch--for organizational purposes. It is the kind of place that is so packed to the gills and disorganized beyond description that it almost makes you nervous to be in there. However, the thing that creeped me out more than the discombobulated nature of the inside was the sign on the front door, it read "please unload guns and remove your face mask before entering the store." That was such a promising welcome...not!

Today I began what equivalents to moving the house into 12 square feet. I can not refrain from singing this line sung by Beyonce... to the left to the left everything you own in the box to the left. Imagine everything you will need to survive for a month on the road and then packing it all in a box (for five). My head is spinning, my list is growing longer with each passing minute-- before I can get it checked off another addition has been added...like how about Tampons...and Ben Gay (after a long hike I may need the noxious rub cream). I am sure in the next 30 seconds I will think of another item I believe this family can't live without.

I promise to post along the way (as we chose several WiFi friendly campgrounds), I wouldn't want for you to wonder about us for to long. I shall not let you down in the humor department as I report from the road.

Until later...heading west.