Thursday, May 17, 2007

Song Selection

The second stanza of the Mother's Day poem M wrote for me went like this...
I love the way you think you're cool dancing to This is why I'm Hot, I love the way we all know you're not. (I was in no way offended by this line but rather chuckled because, the girls just can't yet appreciate my greatness to dancing to a rap style song).

So imagine the pressure I must feel when I receive a wedding invitation and the response card asks to "please list your favorite dance tunes". What do I list? Something slow--being safe. Something with a slight beat; to move a bit yet not questioning my said lack of rhythm and talent. Or should I go with an all out Saturday Night Fever style song that will cause question as to why this freaky chick was invited to the celebration? Then I think, after the bride's parents have bought a few cocktails for the room, every one's dance selections could be in question.

Oh hell I am going to suggest an all-out-full-body-seizure style song...now which one...accepting suggestions for my suggestion.

No comments: