Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Field Trip and a Ball Game

I am just now finally sitting down at nearly 11pm, for the first time all day...I can hardly explain the level of exhaustion I am feeling, and question why the heck I am even bothering to blog.

I spent a great deal of my day here:

Where D & I, and the rest of the middle school's team 6C learned how to do this:

...and to think I was GS Leader of the Year and didn't know you could start a fire with steel wool and a 9-volt battery. (Just place a small amount of steel wool under some frayed jute rope, touch the 9-volt battery to the steel wool and automatic ignite.) I find this so very freaking fascinating I am going to be the official fire starter for all our family camping trips.

It would be a form of injustice if I didn't mention the school bus ride...no one over the age of 30 should be made to ride a school bus for more than 20 minutes. After the first 30 minutes of the 1.5 hour ride in the broke down, worn out bus seat--my ass HURT! But this guy made it worth the ride:

Honestly he was, despite his eclectic appearance, the best school bus driver ever...very safety conscience, a real stickler for making the children follow rules.

Then I rushed home where I chocked down food from a can, or in this case three cans, into the mouths and stomachs of my off spring while I showered my field trip stink and grub off my body, made a costume change and headed to Busch Stadium--all in 38 minutes, to see (or should I say hear) this:

The select group of 6th, 7th & 8th graders did a beautiful job of harmonizing. Good job!...Go Cards!!...finally the ole' red birds did it, they won a game.


Tomorrow is not quite as intense as today but it offers up few lulls.