Monday, February 09, 2009

My Monday, My Tuesday

Usually my week is filled with the sound of young voices, phones ringing...

Not this week.

This week the sounds I hear are mine to chose, mine to fill my head. So, with the rare winter warm spell I have chosen to sit on the deck letting Mother Nature sprinkle her natural healing power upon me--sunshine. Monday. Tuesday.

As sit with a book in my hand and chicken noodle soup on the table; I let myself slip into sounds that surround. I watch my neighbor's magnolia tree sway in the breeze and whisper back--this weather is merely a tease. The song of a bird who must have forgotten to fly south. I hear the ambulances rushing in traffic to the hospital. I hear, oddly, the sound of a lawn mower...or is it a leaf blower? I hear Uli's dog friend, Penny, barking.

Now I hear my bed calling me for a nap.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Lovely. I like the nap part. Spring is coming and so are the barky dogs, noisy lawn mowers, ATV drivers, and smoking neighbors. Sigh. If only we could ditch that...