Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be Still My Heart It's February 14

How are you this evening my dear?

Very well. Only I wish you would not call me "my dear".

Why?

Cause it's what my father always calls my mother when he is cross about something.

What endearments am I allowed?

Well let me think...Lizzy for everyday. My Pearl for Sundays. Goddess Divine, but only on very special occasions.

And what should I call you when I am cross? Mrs. Darcy?

No. No. You may only call me Mrs. Darcy when you are completely and perfectly and incandescently happy.

Then how are you this evening, Mrs Darcy? Mrs. Darcy. Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy....

I ask -- can anyone ever have to much Pride and Prejudice? To much Jane Austin?

The answer is no! Not at our house. We must gather at least once a month to watch Keira Knightly present her portrayal of Elizabeth Bennet.

(Except Friday morning I watched alone. Happily.)

So on this Valentine's Day, the day in which King Ralph and I reflect on the day he asked and I accepted a marriage proposal... I hope he comes home from work and kisses me and says Mrs. Avery, Mrs. Avery, Mrs. Avery....

But I'll settle for "you're the cheese in my macaroni"

Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend.. Interesting and informative post.. Keep up the good work.. I will be visiting your blog often.. Do visit my blog and post your comments.. Thank you.. Take care mate.. Cheers!!!

Lin said...

Geez--I got the exact same comment (verbatim) from Goldensparks that you did. I feel cheated, sorta deflated, actually. Hmmm....

Anywho--I did like the post as usual. Isn't it funny how you can watch something over and over again and never get tired of it?

I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day--macaroni and all! :)

JODI said...

Lin- goldensparks is a blogger stalker it seems lol

And guess what...hubby walked in the kitchen as I was preparing his Valentine dinner and said "Mrs. Avery, Mrs. Avery, Mrs. Avery" and kissed me each time. Our girls moaned "oh my gosh, sick, gross" and we laughed and loved there disgusted reaction to our passion.

Theaterical as it may have been--was.

Gotta love the Valentine's Day.

oakleyses said...

canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, toms outlet, lancel, pandora uk, moncler, links of london uk, parajumpers outlet, oakley, moncler, nike air max, converse shoes, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, baseball bats, ray ban, swarovski uk, replica watches, moncler, supra shoes, gucci, ugg, converse, air max, vans, hollister canada, canada goose uk, moncler, timberland shoes, canada goose, ralph lauren, thomas sabo uk, uggs canada, iphone 6 case, wedding dress, canada goose pas cher, montre femme, moncler outlet, hollister clothing, swarovski jewelry, pandora jewelry, hollister, coach outlet, karen millen, moncler, louboutin, juicy couture outlet