Monday, March 03, 2008

Reminder

I need a ribbon tied on my finger with a note...you know the universal symbol for "reminder".

What I need to remind myself that I need an ice scraper in my car. I know just because I stayed home raising my daughters for seventeen years is not a viable excuse for being ill prepared with the proper tools when inclement weather hits. Truth is when I stayed home, I did just that, stayed home. So there was no need for an ice scraper.

Today when I left work little mini van was blanketed in ice. Thank God for Jimmy Buffet--he saved the day. Although he must have been a little bit in Margaritaville since the CD case could not tackle the ice on the passenger side of the front wind shield. In this case I just hopped back in the car, cranked up the defrost and sang "cheeseburger in paradise, I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes...." Until the ice began to melt away.

Now...I have homework and, a lemon drop martini to drink. It came with my homework packet. I swear. You wonder why I love my job?