Friday, March 07, 2008

Those With Low Self-Esteem Need Not Apply For Job

Someone with low self esteem may not survive working in an elementary school...good thing my self esteem is in check.

Today a little fellow said to me, "Mrs. Avery you haven't told us everything about you." I replied, "like what?" He said "like that you smoke", "I don't smoke" I said. To which he replied "then why do you have wrinkles around your eyes". I smiled at him and chuckled and said "because I am old."

When I got back into in the office and told my co-workers what the little fellow said to me--one of the girls said "well then don't let him see me!"

I still sit here chuckling to myself at how honest--no holding back, little kids are. Now I am debating between a new face cream or testing out reserve osmosis by starting to smoke. Who knows maybe it would firm up my wrinkles. Which, by the way, I refer to as character lines.

Kids, you gotta love'm!

No comments: