Sunday, September 27, 2009

Two Phat Black Dresses

I wanted to humor you all with my LHS 80's blast from the past Homecoming picture, but as much as I tried to dig through boxes in the storage room I took to sneezing from collecting basement dust minus any luck of uncovering the artifact. Oh well, maybe another time.

When Princess A was in kindergarten she took our little three and a half pound Yorkie, Skeeter Bug, to school for pet day. Such an occasion of display meant our wee pouch needed a bath, brush and a leash for her parade of Princess A's pet pride...all happening in a matter of hours. It was the most traumatic day in ole' Skeeter Bug's life, she shook like a Fall leaf from a tree.

Freshman D had a Skeeter Bug day yesterday. She got her ears pierced--a suggestion of femininity she has fought for years, much to her sisters dismay. She got her fingers and toes painted--something she has put a fist up against since the day she came into this world. She got her tresses curled and held in place with much hair product and had a full face of make-up; all applied by her oldest sisters. Then she had moms snapping pictures of her with her dance date. Not to mention a living room full of high school juniors and seniors, boys AND girls, in unison singing out a sweet "ooooohhhh" when I announced her date was pulling up (as I saw from the window). She blushed and I thought it was a good traumatic day for my baby girl...looking all glam-glam in her layered black satin dress and silver heels. I believe her date got one of the prettiest girls for a dance .
And her besties where looking equally as glam

M and one of her besties and fellow guard girl (who was on the homecoming court) looking oh-so-fab-u-lous.
What warms my heart as a mom is that Princess A came home from college this weekend just to help her sisters get ready for the dance...two sisters so close in age yet have been so distant in likeness now finding a common shared ground--high school, and a homecoming dance

2 comments:

Lin said...

WOW! They are beautiful girls, Jodi! Geesh, I should say "women". Yikes, they grow fast, don't they??

JODI said...

Lin- I sure think they are beautiful, but...I'm a little partial to them both (well all three). I dare not blink to much or they will be graduating from college.