Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bring It On

I survived a fever ridden Memorial weekend, a Tuesday at work that my head spun in constant circles from work overload while I hacked a lung and chased the drip from my nose. Today I managed to handle a day long recess duty in the intense St. Louis humidity and under the hot sun (dodging goose poo and a puking kid) while monitoring dodge ball and buddy lunch/recess interaction; all the while only wishing I had a style my hair in a pony or had my favorite--a ball cap.

Surviving that means I am ready to take on D's Eighth Grade Recognition at 8am (get my prime seat at 730am) in the high school auditorium before heading to work for a final day of head spinning last day of school crunch projects. So I can then come home to begin a deep clean on the house in preparation for D's confirmation, while watching D and King Ralph complete the faith project that is due at church Friday by 10am. (The project is fantastic, it will put the other confirmand's project to shame--sorry, it's the truth.)

Then when the Sunday company leaves after a lunch of steak I plan to collapse, sleep in late on Monday and then begin working on a tan.

Summer come and get me!