Thursday, March 26, 2009

No She Di'int

My little brother is getting married, finally. King Ralph is in the wedding, so we went today to get his tux fitted.

The gal at the Men's Warehouse was a trip! When I told her King Ralph needed to be fitted for a tux she motioned us to a desk in the back then preceded to ask if he was the father of the bride. I couldn't control myself, I laughed out loud, hard. I am still trying to decide if she thought I was King Ralph's daughter. If so, compliment to me dis to him. Then she sang Madonna 80's songs out loud while she typed in the information. I think that was to sooth us before she told us the cost of a tux nowadays is equal to Obama's economic recovery package. Excuse me while I sell a little blood plasma. Good thing the black-shiny-man-made-material-guaranteed-to-make-your-feet-sweat-shoes were part of the package, otherwise I would have had to sell off a kidney. (Oh better yet when I mentioned that type of material makes the feet sweat and smell she she obliged to mention her "man feet smell".) When I asked her if she was serious and she replied yes I said "I think I'm gonna crap my pants." I felt like screaming HELLO THE DUDE IS WEARING THE TUX FOR LIKE 8 HOURS. I am going to make him wear the tux to bed to get our money's worth.

Well I am awful tired I think I should crawl in bed--next to the "father of the bride".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should say the cost was equal to the cost of Bush's war in Iraq! But then, that was never reported it in the budget. He just kept asking for "emergency funding".So maybe you are also not informed of how we got to the point where we need a recovery package.

Lin said...

Where do you get these comments from?! Yikes.

Anywho....funny story!! Love how he's the "father of the bride"--I'll bet he didn't think it was funny. :)

JODI said...

Lin, I think this country's economic problem is less the War Iraqi Freedom and more greedy Americans who sold home loans to people who couldn't really afford them and then furnsihed there luxury homes with credit card purchased furnishing, who then couldn't make the minimum credit card payment...

Guess this theory should get Anonymous hating on me more.

At least someone hating on me means someone is reading me :-)

Lin said...

Hey, the last time I agreed with you I got a "hater" on my blog too! Hmmmmm......what a coincidence.

I think you should join entrecard or something so you get more readership that is positive. You have some great posts here and deserve better comments. Although it is some work with EC, you will find some really great bloggers out there.