Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lazy Day

As of right now my spring break is being spent in the long underwear I went to bed in last night. I won't lie--I'm loving every second of it! Aside from brushing my teeth any regular daily hygiene has been purposely passed on. I rise only to retrieve food. A fuel source I need so my finger does not lose strength when channel surfing the TV--all TVs in the house, depending on the room I flop in when I decide to move.

I had a really stressful day at work yesterday. When most folks in the building left at noon I was there till past four o'clock--counting, numbering, recording, counting, numbering, recording....

When the phone rang just as I finished and the voice on the other end said let's go get a drink--I jumped at the invitation. A margarita and two pitchers later the stress in my shoulders and my crippled writing hand felt relaxed.

As we sat around the table at our usual watering cantina chatting about--toilet paper and how it always seems to run out...my friend returns from the bathroom and plunks a fresh roll she nabbed from the ladies room on the table in front of me. Was I mortified or did I laugh? I think both. Then I quickly stuffed the roll in King Ralph's jacket pocket; ever so thankful he decided to join us for our Friday-night-stress-reliever-spring-break-kick-off-fun.

My kids are wiping with that roll of stolen toilet paper. What is the penalty for this crime?

4 comments:

Lin said...

I like your friend who steals toilet paper! I went to my cousin's wedding years ago and stole a glass--stuffed it my purse like the old college days. You had to see my sister-in-law drinking beer after beer to get the same glass (it had a logo) from the bar so she could steal one too. It was a riot!! Good for you. Oh--she never got one and mine broke one day. It was all about the fun, though! Hope work is better next week!

JODI said...

Lin- No work for me next week--it's Spring Break :-)

oakleyses said...

jordan shoes, prada handbags, nike air max, nike air max, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet online, christian louboutin, coach outlet store online, oakley vault, longchamp handbags, red bottom shoes, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, tiffany and co jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet online, louis vuitton handbags, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, true religion, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, coach purses, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet online, ray ban outlet, kate spade outlet online, michael kors outlet online, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton, coach outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet onlineC

oakleyses said...

canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, toms outlet, lancel, pandora uk, moncler, links of london uk, parajumpers outlet, oakley, moncler, nike air max, converse shoes, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, baseball bats, ray ban, swarovski uk, replica watches, moncler, supra shoes, gucci, ugg, converse, air max, vans, hollister canada, canada goose uk, moncler, timberland shoes, canada goose, ralph lauren, thomas sabo uk, uggs canada, iphone 6 case, wedding dress, canada goose pas cher, montre femme, moncler outlet, hollister clothing, swarovski jewelry, pandora jewelry, hollister, coach outlet, karen millen, moncler, louboutin, juicy couture outlet