Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Clap On Clap Off the Calpper

Call me crazy but I painted my bedroom today. Crazy I say because tomorrow I am expecting a house full of guests. It has been so long since we have been able to have light shed our room. That a change was a desperate need. Is there ever really a good time to paint?

We removed the panels that King Ralph custom fit to our windows 17 years ago to make midnight shift sleeping more tolerable--we were like vampires being exposed to light for the first time. The dark olive paint offered yet another measure of darkness during day hours transferred over to a beautiful Cafe Au Lait. Looks like the perfect cup of Starbucks coffee is splashed upon my walls. My new comforter set and all its dozen pillows ,of all shapes and sizes, rests upon the 400 thread count sheets--which feel like silk. I want to go to bed now, tired or not, just to rest in its makeover.

One thing, one new thing that remains just as it was--my Clapper. One of my BWFs gave me the Clapper for Christmas when I casually mentioned that I always wanted one. I attached it to the night stand lamp...clap-clap on, clap-clap off. It is like having a new toy. It is a new toy.

The other night M and I had a clap off. I clapped on, she clapped off, I clapped on and this went on till M's clap failed to register. I puffed my chest out like a proud peacock and said "you my daughter are a young pad won learner of the Clapper, I am the Jedi."

Now, just as before the bedroom got its makeover, King Ralph and I can be heard at all hours of the day and night clapping the light on and off. Practical? Yes. Entertainment? You bet! Here to stay? Most definitely!!

I love my Clapper.

5 comments:

Lin said...

You are officially a loser, Jodi! But a good kinda one! Hee! Hee! I have this image of you and your husband lying in bed and doing the clapper thing--do the kids wonder what is going on in there?! :)

Wishing you a very Happy New Year to you and the whole clapping clan!

JODI said...

I always thought I was a loser but havin gyou make it official makes me the proudest loser ever. LOL ;-)

Got some clapping to do now. Ta-ta

Oh and Happy New Year!

oakleyses said...

canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, toms outlet, lancel, pandora uk, moncler, links of london uk, parajumpers outlet, oakley, moncler, nike air max, converse shoes, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, baseball bats, ray ban, swarovski uk, replica watches, moncler, supra shoes, gucci, ugg, converse, air max, vans, hollister canada, canada goose uk, moncler, timberland shoes, canada goose, ralph lauren, thomas sabo uk, uggs canada, iphone 6 case, wedding dress, canada goose pas cher, montre femme, moncler outlet, hollister clothing, swarovski jewelry, pandora jewelry, hollister, coach outlet, karen millen, moncler, louboutin, juicy couture outlet

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga shoes
christian louboutin outlet
100% real jordans for cheap
michael kors outlet
kd 11 shoes
russell westbrook shoes
michael kors outlet
nike lebron 16
yeezy shoes
supreme

Unknown said...

replica bags new york his explanation u7k11m2d58 replica bags online shopping india look these up e9z69u8o12 gucci replica replica evening bags continue reading this k9e42k5t66 replica louis vuitton bag replica bags uk