Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Celebrations-Part 2

It was time to celebrate with the Avery's-- all had finally returned from there trot to Vegas to witness the nuptials, long over due, of Debbie and Dan. And, my downstairs tree lights blew there fuse at the most inopportune time. What's a party without a snafu; in this case a darkened tree.

Princess A and my niece Stephie proclaimed this DFF gathering (remember what I always say; divorced parents make holiday celebrating dysfunctional family fun) to be the one to fashion your "holiday best". Here is a few of us wearing our "best". Stephie beats everyone--one can hardly compete with a full-on sequence vest. We let cousin Pat off easy--The Christmas Story Oh Fudge Oh Fudge T-shirt just barely made it in the "holiday best" category. Then again King Ralph's Charlie Brown tie hanging around his neck did nothing more than distract from his transformer boot.

(M's thrift store shirt smelled like a jar of pickles)

In my laid-back-cleaning-frenzy attitude of the day I forgot to hide my Elvis head. It has been known since I received Mr. Presley last year for Christmas that there is a hit on the head. Thankfully Uncle Dan brought it to my attention and I flew, calmly as not to draw attention to my panic, up the stairs to hide The King and place the standard framed "Elvis has left the building" sign on the piano in its place. Good save! My niece gifted Aunt Linda (my stiff competition for the tchotchke) and I each with an M&M Elvis ornament to commemorate last year's white elephant gift claim fight. This year's hot item: the Coors Light bottle bank filled with popcorn. Although I was the original taker on the Coors Light bottle I did not end the night as the lucky owner...and no fight on my end to retain ownership.


There was feasting on appetizers galore. Aunt Linda's BLT dip was my overall favorite.

Then we continued with games. Seinfeld trivia. Left, Right, Center. XBox and Wii. The gamer blue ribbon goes to Uncle Dan for his DDR talent. A virgin to the DDR he may not have had the best overall score but he most certainly had the best bootie shake and arm swings. (Just more proof as to why his profession is in talk radio.)

Now our abode will take a few days rest before taking on the eve of the New Year's with a bash.

2 comments:

Lin said...

You are brave....very brave to take photos at your family parties. I'm just too embarrassed at the behavior to begin snapping away. Or I'm just too busy laughing and couldn't hold a camera still if I tried. It's good to know that there are weirdo families like ours out there--it makes it all seem kinda normal in a strange way.

Can't wait for the New Year's photos!

oakleyses said...

moncler, hollister canada, baseball bats, montre femme, canada goose, supra shoes, moncler outlet, vans, hollister clothing, pandora jewelry, wedding dress, coach outlet, ray ban, pandora uk, canada goose, iphone 6 case, uggs canada, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, hollister, gucci, timberland shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo uk, moncler, swarovski uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, links of london uk, parajumpers outlet, converse, moncler outlet, converse shoes, lancel, replica watches, oakley, pandora charms, louboutin, toms outlet, karen millen, moncler, ugg, nike air max, moncler, moncler, air max, swarovski jewelry, canada goose pas cher