Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Celebrations- Part 1

I am on a path of perpetual party hosting and plain partying. I have no complainants, why should I... King Ralph got his hard cast off, traded for a space-like boot that comes off to shower and sleep and my girlies are all healthy, finally.

Here are the things that made the Christmas holiday so filling...

There was the annual reindeer relay races...this is me and my team the "Dancers"
and this is me helping my team lose.

From work to my house the party continued...or should I say started. There was a good attempt made at some form of caroling via karaoke by the BWFs and there spouses. The failed attempt at good tone could be contributed to one of two things; lack of singing talent or tequila shots.


The fun progressed on Christmas Eve when I was taken hostage in the kitchen--the stove my hostage taker. I served a hearty breakfast to my gift bearing little brother...where the favorite lines of the morning were; please pass that pint of five-dollar pure maple syrup and this is the best syrup why don't we have this around the house more often. I am thinking King Ralph will now be asking U.B over for extra fluffy buttermilk pancakes every weekend. He could even forego the other four dishes I served for a swig of pure maple syrup.

Just before we left for church I took our traveling wisemen-- who have moved from room to room, spot to spot around the house for the last month-- and placed them into the navity scene. Then we went to church were I missed Princess A, for the first time in six years, not playing Silent Night on her flute as the congregation peacefully sang with flickering candles in a dimly lit sanctuary--college changes much. We returned home to a table set with our best china and crystal then feasted on a dinner of steak-n-crab legs.

December 24's caloric intake--unmeasurable. Every bite--fabulous!

I woke on December 25 to cook a feast for our 20 guests. First, gathered around the tree, wrapping papers danced in the air-- starting at 8am...there was cameras and cell phones and hair straightening devices and slippers and 400 thread count sheets and over stuffed stockings.... It was Santa and magical memories all rolled into one. By noon wrapping papers and silver bows fluttered through the air once more while mini-meatballs, shrimp and cocktails were juggled from hands to mouths. As the guests continued rolling in one by one the prime rib was sliced and placed as the star next to these totally delicious butter and brown sugar green bean bacon wraps (tapping my inner wanna-be-chef I was on Food Network/Martha Stewart fire).

One of my favorite gifts was this cocktail slipper from cousin Nancy--a drink coaster. How cute does my martini look all dressed for Christmas?

Of course no Christmas is ever complete without adding another thousand calories so, we nibbled on homemade cookies of variety, cheesecake, red and green apples with homemade carmel pecan dip. Sugar comas for all. (I remained in that coma well past the day-late-once-a-week-trash-pick-up I am screwed till next Thursday, I mean really screwed.)

December 25's caloric intake--off the chart!

What are family holiday gatherings without a few snapshots:

There's the always customary family shot.

There's the girls (taken Christmas Eve).


The cousins...


and the group first cousins shot with my Alaska planted nephew and his wife added in by name on paper (we miss Capt. Charley and Capt. Suzanne).


Of course we had to snap a photo of the Newlyweds (and daughter). "Spousal Equivalent" was promoted in reference to "Spousal Unit" and the girls got to call Funcle Dan Uncle Dan for the first time.


I took today to...shop, do the dishes I left all over the house and prepare for tomorrow's festivity.

In other words--to be continued....

4 comments:

Lin said...

Geesh, and I thought we had all the parties!!! Wow! I'm more stuffed from hearing about yours--but my heart is warmed too. Sounds like a really great holiday season at your place and I'm glad that all is good.

thehappyhunt said...

I need the recipe for the gorgeous green beans!!

oakleyses said...

nike free, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, jordan shoes, christian louboutin, ray ban outlet, coach outlet store online, tory burch outlet online, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, nike air max, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, kate spade outlet online, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, chanel handbags, coach outlet, red bottom shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, coach outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, longchamp handbags, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors handbags, gucci handbags, burberry outlet online, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet store, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet online, kate spade outlet

oakleyses said...

ghd, valentino shoes, birkin bag, ugg soldes, nike huarache, reebok shoes, uggs outlet, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, celine handbags, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet, beats headphones, new balance outlet, ugg boots, nfl jerseys, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, uggs on sale, uggs outlet, jimmy choo shoes, ugg boots, herve leger, vans outlet, ugg, p90x workout, insanity workout, chi flat iron, canada goose outlet, mont blanc pens, nike trainers, nike roshe, replica watches, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, mcm handbags, hollister, soccer shoes, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, north face jackets, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta, asics shoes, mac cosmetics, instyler ionic styler, babyliss