Thursday, June 26, 2008

Volunteer Insanity

That glass of wine the band's president bought me tonight after the board meeting is feeling...well, well deserved.

Last I night I shuffled papers, emailed...till 1am. Tonight I am shuffling papers and emailing potential volunteers again. Still. To add to my insanity I am placing orders for supplemental guard uniform pieces (duffel bags and fleece jackets, gloves and tights). I want to shuffle papers in the peace and quiet of my home but for some reason unknown to me my daughters think summer break means an all night television fest. Silence is my favorite sound. You know when you can hear the hum and a buzz in your ear. It ain't happening.

So as time slips into the wee hours of the morning I have an idea. Will someone come over here knock me out, throw me in the car and send me to the mountains? If not I suppose I shall continue to shuffle this never-ending stack of forms.

No comments: