Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Par-tay


There were so many options for Saturday fun; the Strawberry Festival or even the Horseradish Festival, but they all chose our house-- to celebrate Princess A being a graduate of the Class of 2008. We did it, we hosted a graduation party sans rain with a touch of St. Louis humidity . And, in this town that is an incredible weather feat! The no rain not the humidity-- that's a given in this town.

It was a great day, lots of family and friends.

We feasted, feasted and feasted some more. From the feast came orders from Brian for my guacamole for his graduation party and my tortellini pasta salad for Katie's graduation party.

We sweated a little; some more than others...especially King Ralph as he stood over the BBQ pit grilling oriental marinated chicken. There is not a single slice of cake or even a single chocolate covered strawberry left to tempt our sweet tooth. There is however some my fabulous homemade sangria left--so you are all invited over Tuesday for beverage-- no joke! I would invite you all tomorrow but we continue on the graduation party circuit and, then we are taking the left over chicken and sides to my sister-in-law's for an evening dip in her pool (God knows we all could use a pool day to cool off. What the fun happened to spring?)

Oh ya, Elvis did leave the building. I found a note on the framed sign I left in his place and it read "Bull Caa-Caa He's gotta come back some time!" Sounds like the kidnappers where a little disappointed I out witted.

Did every one have a great time? In the words of my mother-in-law's newly acquired lingo--"fo' shizzle!" There is nothing more hilarious than the girls teaching grandma hip lingo or, in this case my sister who wanted her to impress Princess A and her friends. The words took a few trials to evolve-- fo' shizzle started out as fo' shingle. When she did master the lingo she got a huge roar of laughter from the gathered grads as she told Princess A good-bye using fo' shizzle in her sign off.

I am running out of steam on this hamster wheel of life. So I will bid farewell.

No comments: