Thursday, June 05, 2008

Pack Your Own Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

I have been in frenzy mode--cleaning, shopping...Princess A's graduation party is Saturday.

Flashback to Christmas when Aunt Linda and I fought over who should attain ownership of Elvis--the things a white elephant game will bring out of you; or in this case me. (Funny how no one fought "Funkle" Dan for his Jason-Friday the 13th mask)


Present time: King Ralph informed me there is a planned hit on Elvis. Which bums me because he was all dressed up for the party, standing all proud in his LHS tasseled graduation cap.




So I have sprung into safe house mode. Elvis' place of honor, on the piano, will be replaced by a framed sign "Elvis has left the buidling" and the above photo. The King of Rock and Roll is going into hiding Saturday.

Don't think for a minute I am stupid enough to let someone, anyone threaten my piano tchotchke. Game on!

2 comments:

thehappyhunt said...

The Elvis bust with grad hat is a HOOT!! Gotta love it. Hey, I need to find you the correct spelling for chot-zkee cuz I don't think the spelling you have with a "t" is right either! LOL :)
Have fun!

JODI said...

I hope dictionary.com isn't failing me, I try my best to look up spellings I question--
tchotchke- (Yiddish) an inexpensive showy trinket--that I am using to honor The King.

Toss another spelling my way for my next Elvis post.