Monday, April 30, 2007

Pass the O2

I am going to have one of those weeks where I could use a tank of oxygen in case I forget to breath. My calendar runneth over!

...and the biggest issue I have to tackle is how my neighbor Julie and I will celebrate Cinco de Mayo in our usual fashion (margaritas, chips and salsa on the back deck) on Saturday--kids home, Alee preparing for round two of prom, etc... Is it legal and acceptable to celebrate Cuatro de Mayo...crap the kids are off school that day...so say Tres de Mayo?

*******************************

Someone I know recently referred to the impending birth of there child--a watched pot never boils...well today the doctor at the Spine Center made me, us believe that saying is in fact true.

We arrived at 1:22pm at the orthodics office, got the brace fitted--in record time. Then headed to the Spine Center, checked in at 2:15pm for our 230pm appointed. To spare myself of remembering how fricking long it took to see the doctor and how M and I entertained each other, and occasionally they would send in a some body to tease us-- I will just say we saw the doctor at 4:30pm (all the while trapped in the examination cubicle). Every time M asked me what time it was I simply said "a watched pot never boils".

Needless to say this will not go down in history as a favorite day. If I could wear the burdens of my children's health I would so willingly. Since I can't, I say they are my heroes.