Tuesday, April 03, 2007

There was no hash in the brownies

When M & I left The Spine Center yesterday afternoon we over heard the most adorable little black girl-- around nine years old, dressed in a school uniform of crisply creased khaki pants and white polo say to her mother, "I am sorry I cried in there I'm just a little girl"...then we all entered the elevator and the same little girl gazed up toward her mom from her wheelchair and said "why am I so different than all my classmates", the mother did not respond so the little girl repeated herself. Her question had such a sweet innocence to the tone it melted our hearts--almost made it impossible for us to pity our own unfortunate news. They exited the elevator before we could hear what the mother's response was...I wanted to turn to the little girl and say the same thing I say to M (as she rows through life being slammed with issue after issue), God made us each so different from our classmates because we are each so special, the world is so much better with variety.

Then I think to myself why is M always "the one"...you would almost think I sat on a hill in Woodstock eating hash brownies and "mushroom" pizza while incubating my little love child...ti's not the case...I'm telling you something big in this world is waiting to grace M.