Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dear Blog,
I am recording my answer here so I am sure never to cave in a moment of weakness (which I seldom experience). "NO!"

Instead I will book an appointment for Demi with the best therapist--I figure as long as I am going to get the blame for depriving her of her childhood wish it is never to soon to start helping her learn to cope.

It seems to happen around this time of every year, for 2006 the call came to me while I was at the ball game Friday night-- I guess she thought if I was excited the Cards were winning she could catch me off guard and get a "yes", twisting a yell of "yes, yes" to Pujols hitting a home run sending man on first and third in to score for a "yes" to her constant and usual question of "can I have a dog".

Last night I believe it went like this..."Dad said, if you say yes, I can get a dog".

I say "NO"! Again.

And, they haven't let up since that phone call. Father and daughter trying like hell to break down mom.

And, the answer remains-- "NO!"

What was that Maddi called me as she woke from surgery, aaahhh yes "meanie head". I guess I am that after all.

Listen I just don't feel like caring for another mammal. Especially one that was not sprung from my loin. Dogs are babies that never grow up...they never grow up enough to take themselves to the bathroom, they never grow up enough to serve themselves breakfast, lunch, dinner or a Scooby snack, the can't be told to go take a shower and brush the hair...

To remind Demi we once owned a dog you are all invited to the telephone pole on the side of the house for a Skeeter Bug Memorial, it is 10 years late but, better late than never. I'll be serving cookies and punch to all mourners.

Sincerly,
The Meanie Head Mom