Thursday, March 30, 2017

Survival Means Always Counting Down the Days

I left work on Friday, March 17, not thinking of four leaf clovers, corn beef or green beer. Nope. I left thinking of grabbing a blueberry lager from the frig, while King Ralph captained the truck and towed The Wanderlust. The slightly shortened day I had was by far the most stressful I'd had in some time. That doesn't even count my nine co-workers intertwined in that day's situation. 

By mile marker 90 I was finally relaxed and could start thinking spring break. A break I needed more than I realized. More so because I received an email from my boss warning of me of what was waiting for me on my desk upon my return. That's when I started to count my blessings and thank God for the children he gave me!  

I spent the week sun soaking, reading, sipping cocktails--on and off the beach, riding my bike, watching Redbox movies at night....after walking the dog under the moonlight. I grilled dinners with King Ralph, played games and laughed with him. It was good. Really good! 

Here I am a week post Spring break and all I can I do is think about summer break. You'd think I would rather reflect back on the getaway. Truth is this school year has exhausted me--mind, body and soul. So really, in the matter of survival, counting down to June 8 is the healthy thing to do! 

But if I must reflect...

Dear Beach: 
Thanks for cleansing my soul. You are the perfect escape. See you again next March. <3

3 comments:

Lin said...

Count yourself lucky that you have built-in breaks into the madness. Me...I am lucky to have the shenanigans ALL year round!!

Looks like a GREAT trip. Love your longer hair!

theslol said...

7a replica bags philippines hermes replica k7r14n9p39 replica bags in uk top article c8u90k7w85 replica louis vuitton replica bags uk find out here s3n94m2m45 replica bags china replica bags cheap

Unknown said...

d9m97d7t66 z5q67b9f64 w1v99g4v48 w7h81q1j79 n5r66x4p53 d4x75z9q39