Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow --One,Two-- Day 2009

Have I ever told you about my neighbor and his fricking snow blower.? Never fails (I think it may be a calculated move) every time I have the shovel in my hand, prepared to really work a sweat up, he comes out with his snow blower and clears his driveway in no time at all. To add insult to injury he blows the sidewalk in front of his house clear. He never looks in the direction of those of us shovel handed. I really love my neighbor but every time it snows I feeling like flipping him the bird.

I am not jealous. I am just dam envious. I can work this shovel and make the driveway look...as good as that snow blowed driveway.


How about if I tell you about what made me smile on this two day snow vacation.

There is the girls playing in the snow, celebrating the announcement of a second day off school, that seems to brighten the landscape in the darkness of the night.
Then the dog playing in the snow and the dents in the snow the girls left for there winter's night frolic that look like Clifford the Big Red Dog visited our front yard. I don't know maybe something real was stompinging through the yard?
How 'bout some sledding. Yes. Sledding with a friend, even better. Snow angels. Oh ya. We love sledding and making snow angels!



Now it's time to get back to reality. The snow has stopped falling, the roads are cleared and school/work beacons. Thanks Mother Nature for a few days of winter fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate snow... I hate winter. Glad you had a good time with your Family though.

JODI said...

Matt, stop being an Archie Bunker. Get out there in the snow with Georgina and Justin; have some good ole' family fun. Sledding makes you feel young again.

Soulsearcher said...

Nothing says "winter fun" like snow angels...

Lin said...

Yea, Jodi! You got the snow I sent you! Finally. Geesh, it took long enough to get there. And to think it got you a couple of days off school. Hooray! Is there anything more glorious? Looks like you all had a ton of fun.

We had the same snow-blower issue years ago. I would be out there with 2 little kids and I would struggle to get the drive done while the neighbor whipped through his--and never offered to help. When Joe would come home and be out there shoveling, the jack@ss would come over and offer Joe the use of his snowblower. Like I couldn't use it because I was a girl? I hated him then and I hate him more now.

We ended up buying a snowblower that was a nice size for me to handle. BEST purchase ever!

Enjoy your snow, Jodi!!

oakleyses said...

canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, toms outlet, lancel, pandora uk, moncler, links of london uk, parajumpers outlet, oakley, moncler, nike air max, converse shoes, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, baseball bats, ray ban, swarovski uk, replica watches, moncler, supra shoes, gucci, ugg, converse, air max, vans, hollister canada, canada goose uk, moncler, timberland shoes, canada goose, ralph lauren, thomas sabo uk, uggs canada, iphone 6 case, wedding dress, canada goose pas cher, montre femme, moncler outlet, hollister clothing, swarovski jewelry, pandora jewelry, hollister, coach outlet, karen millen, moncler, louboutin, juicy couture outlet