Friday, January 16, 2009

Grease and the Gall Bladder

Or is it the gallbladder and grease?

I'll give the Reader's Digest version: felt like crap all week, sudden unexplained nausea on Sunday, some serious redneck belching, enough gas to fuel all of Ford Motor Co., and Chrysler, and GM's cars (just from consuming water)...then Thursday at work the WORST pain I have felt to date (okay second to childbirth, but at least there was a prize at the end of that pain; x3). The pain made me sweat. I read a book to my third classes and I can't even tell you what I read. I do remember telling myself not to let the kids know I was in pain so I concentrated on reading with affliction and pausing where there was a comma. Then I walked to the Guidance Office to grab work from my box, but before I could make it there I had to collapse in my co-worker's office and hold back my tears. "It's your gall bladder" my BWF says. Probably so. That was the doctor's speculation last July when I saw her for something similar...although I thought I probably just had a fart trapped in my chest. This was no trapped fart in the chest the pain was so sudden it had to be something bigger than gas. So after leaving work, heading to the doctor, then to the hospital for testing and blood draws this morning I await the verdict if I get to keep the organ or not.

If organs are exspellable why the hell do we have them to begin with? It could have spared myself a great deal of pain.

Then being the supportive mom I am I made my way over to the middle school to see D perform as Jan in the school's adaptation of Grease. Thankfully this week's performances are just dress rehearsals--a little tweaking is needed (not to mention line memorization).

THE LATEST
The doctor called me at work to say yep seems I am in need of lightening my organ load. I have tucked in my pocket the name of a surgeon.

Just when I thought I was going to go down in history as one of the few humans to keep every body part--I will soon lose on that claim.

In the mean time I am fearful of eating anything good, fatty and greasy; like a single square of pizza (the culprit of my extreme pain episode). So if you see me grazing in the yard on dried up grass and drinking from the hose--you'll understand.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Oh no, Jodi! I've known a LOT of people who had this surgery and it is super easy! Especially if you have it done laproscopically (?). It's an in and out kinda thing. I hope you aren't too scared--get it done and over with. My mom waited too long and her's was infected and it took longer to recoup.

I'll be thinking of you! Don't be afraid of having it done--I just had hernia surgery this week, and everything came out okay. The family even survives your being down. Really.

Good luck! Maybe I can send my mom over to help/drive YOU nuts/talk endlessly!

JODI said...

I am not afraid to lose the organ, take it I say...anything to relieve the pain and constant tired feeling I have in my adomen. I am afraid to eat yummy food more than the idea of 4 small insections. The idea of having another attack to the extreme.... Suck it out I say and, anything else that I can live without that could someday become a source of pain.

oakleyses said...

red bottom shoes, oakley vault, louis vuitton outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, longchamp outlet online, burberry outlet online, gucci handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, nike air max, louis vuitton handbags, true religion, jordan shoes, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren, tiffany jewelry, burberry outlet online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, prada outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet online, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet online, nike free, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors handbags, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban outlet, coach outlet, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses